The Association of Art Museum Directors revised its guidelines on collecting of antiquities in 2008 and 2013, urging greater due diligence and disclosure, while allowing for discretion by museums.
—steven litt, cleveland.com, "Curator who defended purchase of Apollo bronze leaves Cleveland Museum of Art for Florida job,"24 Feb. 2018
Instead, Trump would likely revise downward the U.S. pledge to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
—justin worland, Time, "Trump is Telling Foreign Leaders That the U.S. May Rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement, Ex-Aide Says,"23 Feb. 2018
Florida legislators revised the law (F.S.S. 316.081) in 2014 to make the left lane for passing, not cruising, unless there was congestion or an obstruction in the right lanes.
—wayne k. roustan, Sun-Sentinel.com, "Going slow in the left lane? Signs warn of a $121 fine,"22 Feb. 2018
Since revising her love list, Murzello says dating has been more fun.
—NBC News, "How to use a 'love list' to find your ideal romantic partner,"20 Feb. 2018
Throughout Presidents' Day weekend, estimates for the film were continually revised upward.
—pamela mcclintock, The Hollywood Reporter, "Box Office: 'Black Panther' Climbs to Historic $242M Bow After Record Monday,"20 Feb. 2018
The National Weather Service in Portland has revised their earlier forecast, which predicted heavy snow in the Portland metro area in the later afternoon and evening, up to noon and early afternoon.
—lizzy acker, OregonLive.com, "Portland metro area could see 3-7 inches of snow, earlier than expected,"20 Feb. 2018
The Route 59 update would look at revising plans along the highway for further development as well as redevelopment.
—steve lord, Aurora Beacon-News, "Aurora approves Route 59 study,"16 Feb. 2018
Throughout the update process, the plan has been revised to reflect the feedback received.
—luke money, latimes.com, "Costa Mesa council will review proposed parks and open space master plan update Tuesday,"10 Feb. 2018
1mass nounMaterial manufactured in thin sheets from the pulp of wood or other fibrous substances, used for writing, drawing, or printing on, or as wrapping material.
- 1.1Wallpaper.‘the walls were damp—paper hung away in long strips’
- ‘If the wallpaper patch is prepasted paper, soak it in warm water for 30 seconds.’
- ‘Wallpaper consists of a backing, ground coat, applied ink, and sometimes paste on the backing used to adhere the paper to the wall.’
- ‘A paper-hanging brush is about 25 cm wide, and is for smoothing bubbles out of freshly hung paper.’
- ‘Traditionally, a sheet of paper was used to cast or register a vote.’
- ‘She scribbles frantically on sheets of paper, then hunts through desk drawers for more writing material.’
- ‘At a push, the bag itself could be constructed from a sheet of paper or small carrier bag tied up with an elastic band or bit of string.’
- ‘The first thing to buy is a large sheet of white thick paper or thin card, which you gently bend into a right angled curve.’
- ‘Taking out a sheet of paper with lots of writing on it, Daria nodded, took a deep breath, and began her story.’
- ‘The supervisor nods and continues to make annotations on a sheet of paper.’
- ‘Any letter that included more than one sheet of thin paper was likely to go missing.’
- ‘I noticed a sheet of thin, unlined paper beside the case that held the incredibly deadly drug.’
- ‘He continued to stare blankly at the sheet of paper until Loflen brought him out of his daze.’
- ‘He took out the bacon from the skillet and placed it on three sheets of absorbent paper towel.’
- ‘He pulled up the sheets of thin paper in front of his head as he squinted to read the small print.’
- ‘I angrily tore off the sheet of paper from my plain notebook, and reached for a tissue, blowing my nose.’
- ‘Then he pulled out a clean sheet of his stationary paper and took a quill.’
- ‘Inside was a sheet of onionskin typing paper, the kind that's slippery but crinkles.’
- ‘I'd get lots of sheets of A4 paper, fold them over, staple them and make an instant book, write my story and draw covers.’
- ‘The most readily available method for pressing paper sheets is in or under a large book.’
- ‘Slowly and carefully, I broke the seal on the envelope and pulled out a sheet of thin paper.’
- ‘The printed paper sheets were pasted onto canvas mounts for display.’
- ‘She slid her nail along the top to open it and pulled out a single sheet of paper with a drawing and a sentence hastily scribbled along the bottom.’
- ‘Then I wrote down the necessary directions to my place on a sheet of paper from that notepad.’